General conditions of sale
Read this document carefully, as it contains the terms and conditions of sale which you undertake to fulfil when using the online store MADE-IN-SPAIN.IE. The terms and conditions set out below shall apply to any use made of www.made-in-spain.ie and all purchases made via M.I.S. INTERNET S.L.
These Condition shall govern the contractual relationship between yourself and M.I.S. INTERNET S.L, the company which owns the domains www.made-in-spain.com, www.made-in-spain.ie and www.made-in-spain.co.uk, the registered company office of which is at Calle Valle del Moro, 37, 28660 Boadilla del Monte, Madrid. It holds Spanish Tax Identification Number ES B86634748 and UK HMRC Registration Number 171806900.
All queries, complaints or correspondence regarding these Conditions or M.I.S. INTERNET S.L. must be addressed to the contact details indicated on our contact page.
Purchase of Products from made-in-spain.ie
Criteria for the placement of orders:
You may only purchase products:
- Which are available for sale and the details of which appear on made-in-spain.ie;
- For delivery in Spain, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Denmark, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Finland and Luxembourg subject to the limitations described in the international shipment and trading policy of M.I.S. INTERNET S.L.
The details of the products available for purchase (including the corresponding price) are specified at www.made-in-spain.ie. M.I.S. INTERNET will adopt all measures which are necessary and reasonable in order to guarantee that all details, descriptions and prices of products which appear on made-in-spain.ie are correct when information is added to made-in-spain.ie. Although we deploy all available resources to keep the made-in-spain.ie store as updated as possible, the information specified at any given time may not always reflect the precise situation when you place an order, and as a result M.I.S. INTERNET reserves the right to cancel an order in whole or in part for any reason, in all cases reimbursing the full sum of the purchase to the customer.
Placement of Product Purchase Orders and Conclusion of the Purchase Contract:
- Once you have selected the products you wish to acquire, these products will be included on the "My purchase" page.
- When you finish choosing your products you should click the "My purchase" button which will display a summary of your order with a button to "pay", which will lead you to a full summary of your order, the shipment conditions and method of payment.
- At the foot of this "My Purchase" page, you should click on the button "Complete purchase" to be redirected to the secure server where you will be able to make payment in an absolutely guaranteed manner using a credit or debit card or your PAYPAL account.
- Once you have completed your details and click on the button "pay", within the secure payment page, we will obtain authorisation from your credit or debit card issuing company for the sum indicated on the order summary page.
- Made-in-spain.ie will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your product order, which does not constitute automatic acceptance by us of your order.
- Made-in-spain.ie will send you an e-mail confirming your order once all relevant checks have been performed, and another once your order status changes to "in preparation", "shipped" or "delivery complete".
- You and M.I.S. INTERNET S.L. will have executed a sale contract for the products requested by you once we have sent you the Order Confirmation e-mail, and nonetheless in any event once you receive the aforementioned products.
- The sale contract may be executed in Spanish or English.
- The text of the sale contract will be included in the Shipment Confirmation e-mail and will be stored by M.I.S. INTERNET S.L. although it will not be accessible to the Client following conclusion of the contract.
Made-in-spain.ie may, at its sole choice, refuse to process the order, or be unable to process it, in any circumstances deemed necessary by made-in-spain.ie, in which case it will inform the client of the rejection and the reason for this.